19 January 2008

'The Nines'[2007] Review

A few days ago John told me about "The Nines" and made me curious, so today I've saw it. And for 3/4 of the movie I was like: "What the hell is this?" I was not getting anything from the movie, although John told me the plot. First I thought it was the wrong movie, it was not the one that John was referring to. But soon pieces came together and at the end I could say: "It was a good movie!".
The main character is interpreted by Ryan Reynolds and actually this character is in three different roles. The main idea of the movie is that there are beings more powerful that humans, from a scale from 1 to 10 humans are number 7. God is the supreme being so it will be 10, and below God there are the nines, beings with a lot of power and that can travel between dimensions, and Gary/Gavin/Gabriel(Ryan Reynolds) is one of them. Only G is a junkie, his drugs are humans, he likes to spend time between them to make sure that they are ok. But this drugs turns against him, when the other nines come to take him back, in order to remember what he was. So because he spent so much time with the humans he started to feel something for one of them. But in order to become what he has forgotten he decides to live the humans behind.

Trailer "The Nines":

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The overlapping storyline of the Nines resolves itself nicely at the end... and, although Reynolds proved himself to be a versatile actor, it was Melissa McCarthy who did a particularly great job of adding color to the whole thing.