06 December 2007

Review my LCD Monitor

Well... I guess it is time to review my 19" LCD Monitor, it's more than a week since I've bought it. My 19" LCD Monitor is LG model L1919S-SF(it is silver).
I will start with technical informations and continue with my own opinion after that.

LG L1919S-SF Technical Informations:

Size of display: 19 inches (yeah...big...too big for me)
Max. Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (that's what I'm using now, on 75Hz)
Pixel Pitch: 0.294 x 0.294 (I've never measured the size of pixels, so it might be true)
Brightness: 300 cd/㎡ (well...if they've put that question mark there...)
Contrast Ratio:1400:1(that's due new technology used Digital Fine Contrast, I'm not using it to the full potential, I'm a vampire...)
Viewing Angle: 160/160< (that might be true, I'm only standing in the front of the display)
Response Time: 8ms (some websites say it's 5 other say 8)
Display Colors: 16.7M (never counted them)
Horizontal Frequency: 30 ~ 83 kHz (maybe it's never displayed, nowhere)
Vertical Frequency: 56 ~ 75 Hz (maximum it's 75 Hz)
Video Signal: RGB Analog (maybe)
Sync type: Separate, Composite, SOG (don't know, might be true :) )
...

You can find more technical information on LGe.com. Now let me tell you about my experience with this display.
After I've disconnected my old LG monitor model 500E Studioworks(15") and plugged in my new LG L19191S-SF. And I've just realized that 19" are just too much for me. At first I thought that I could never capture the entire display with my eyes. Eventually you'll familiarize with the display. And when you'll see a 17" you'll say: "wow! so small!". The colors looks ok, the contrast is nice. You'll get some time to set you monitor to optimal settings. I recommend you "Auto Image Adjustment" it the button labeled the same as "Enter" key, first button above power button.
Auto resolution after you exit from a game where you played in a lower resolution work really good.
A note from one(1) to ten(10) would be eight(8).

*As a little joke: everywhere I was looking for more information I was receiving different infos, some were saying 1400:1 contrast, others 2000:1, some were saying TCO99 others TCO03. But the best part was that the Romanian LGe site had the wrong picture for this monitor. So after installing it and entering on Romanian LGe site I had a shock: "Did they gave me a wrong monitor?"*

No comments: